On June 29th 2007 Apple launched the first Iphone. Building upon the already successful platforms of I-pod and I-tunes, this brought the world a device which combind the benefits of; mobile phone, camera, portable music player, and internet device in an easy to use touch screen format. A revolution was about to begin...
The competitive set
At the time of launch the major competitors were all focused on the business user market, with a focus towards emailing and personal organisation, Apple immediately introduced new benefits with the added functionality of web browsing and the introduction of downloadable apps.
Apple talked of targetting the business market (Steve Jobs 2007 MacWorld keynote address)
The target consumer
Marketing was focused at three major segments;
I) Convenience
- Age: 25-54
- Male
- Affluent
- Goal oriented
- On-the-go
- 18-25
- Mixed gender
- Well educated
- Trend setters
- 20-40
- Female
- Tech savvy
- Family of high importance


No comments:
Post a Comment